To recognize the hard work, talent, and dedication of our alumni, the National Student Leadership Foundation has designated a portion of the NSLF scholarship fund for a merit-based alumni college tuition scholarship program.
The NSLF will award eight scholarships to outstanding National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC) alumni to attend one of our host universities. Each recipient will receive a $40,000 tuition scholarship to be distributed in $10,000 increments over four consecutive years.
Alumni College Scholarship Qualifications
This is a merit-based scholarship; applications will be evaluated on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities, and submitted essays. Please note that this is a highly competitive scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria (no exceptions):
- Alumnus of the National Student Leadership Conference
- Graduating High School Senior
- Accepted* to start Fall of 2016 at one of the following universities:
- American University
- Fordham University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Northwestern University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Washington, Seattle
- Yale University
The NSLF understands applicants may be interested in or admitted to multiple universities and you can indicate that you have been accepted to multiple schools on your application. NSLF scholarships are university specific, students may select to have their application considered for multiple institutions; however, the scholarship award will be to a specific university and may not be transferred.
*If not available at the time of application scholarship recipients must provide a copy of their official letter of acceptance by April 21, 2016.
Important Note: The NSLF Alumni College Scholarship is not in any way associated with the institutions listed and will not influence or impact admission.
Alumni College Scholarship Application Requirements
Scholarship applications as well as required components must be submitted via the online scholarship application.
The online application will require you to submit the information and digital documentation listed below:
- Letter of Recommendation: The applicant will submit recommenders’ contact information so the NSLC may contact the educator via email with submission instructions.
- List of extracurricular activities with contact information of faculty advisor
- 2 essay questions
- Essay 1: Essay 1: What do you intend to major in? How will your field of study contribute to your short and long term career goals? (500 word maximum)
- Essay 2: Leaders promote change and have a positive impact on their world. What impact do you hope to have on the world? What have you done so far? (500 word maximum)
- Digital copy of transcript: scholarship recipients will be required to provide an official copy for verification.
- Proof of acceptance to one of our current host universities (only required if awarded a scholarship).
Information submitted to the NSLC is confidential and will not be disseminated outside of the NSLF scholarship review board.
|Application Deadline||April 4, 2016|
|Award Notification||April 21, 2016|
|Acceptance Deadline||May 16, 2016|
For the NSLC Summer Program Scholarship application, please click here.
Alumni College Scholarship Recipient Requirements
If awarded the NSLF will require each recipient to maintain at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA, enroll, and matriculate as a full-time student at one of our eight host universities. Additionally we ask recipients to provide a picture and permission to use name and picture as an NSLC College Scholar. Also, submit an update for use at the discretion of the NSLC on the topic of leadership at the end of each semester. Should the student fail to meet any scholarship requirements the scholarship may be revoked.