The NSLC understands that family circumstances may not enable all qualified students to attend a program without financial assistance. Therefore, this year we will once again make available substantial funding through the National Student Leadership Foundation (NSLF) Scholarship Program.
The NSLF attempts to assist as many students as possible, therefore the majority of scholarships, which are based on financial need, academic merit and school/community involvement, are granted in the range of $250-$750. A select few will receive the maximum scholarship awarded of the tuition minus the deposit.
While the scholarship committee takes into consideration extenuating circumstances such as; recent job loss, illness and injury the average scholarship recipient has demonstrated financial hardship and/or is a low income family, has an excellent academic record and is highly involved in their school and community.
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must be enrolled in the NSLC and have submitted a $350 tuition deposit.
If a student is denied a scholarship, or if the scholarship award is insufficient, this deposit will be refunded upon written request.
Apply for a Scholarship today
Scholarship Application Details
Application Requirements: Students who would like to prepare materials in advance please have the following items ready to complete your NSLF Scholarship Application. All items must be submitted via the online scholarship application.
- Your NSLC ID, you received this after submitting your NSLC Enrollment Application.
- Digital Copy of your most recent High School Transcript, your transcript may be “unofficial” or a scanned copy.
- One Teacher/Counselor willing to write and submit a letter of recommendation by Friday, March 18, 2016. Educators will receive submission instructions via email.
- List of extracurricular and community activities with accurate Club/Activity Sponsor contact information.
- Responses to the following questions. Each essay should be 250-500 words.
- Discuss how attending the National Student Leadership Conference will enhance your academic potential and increase your participation as a leader in your school/community.
- Please write a letter of explanation of your current financial situation. (May be completed by a Parent/Guardian)
Application Deadline: All components of the NSLF Scholarship Application must be completed and uploaded no later than 11:59PM CST on Friday, March 18, 2016, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Scholarship Evaluation: All complete NSLF Scholarship Applications will be evaluated as a group by the Scholarship Committee from March 18 – April 11, 2016.
Scholarship Notification: NSLF Scholarship award notifications will be emailed to applicants the evening of Monday, April 11, 2016.
Note: Due to the large volume of scholarship applicants combined with limited funding, successful applicants for scholarships will demonstrate significant financial need, academic excellence and extensive community and extracurricular involvement. The NSLF will consider special circumstances, including but not limited to the number of children in the household or being supported in college, a recent illness or death in the immediate family or a recent loss of employment in the immediate family. The maximum NSLF Scholarship award will not exceed the cost of tuition less the deposit; however, the vast majority of scholarships awarded will be $250-750.
The 2016 Scholarship application will be posted here in early January 2016.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.