We encourage students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership ability to apply to our academic summer leadership programs. Students must currently be enrolled in 6th-12th grade. Students may attend the NSLC through the summer following their high school graduation.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. As programs fill quickly each year, students are encouraged to apply for admission as early as possible to speed the application process and help ensure first choice of program and location.
Students with an Invitation
“I received an invitation from the NSLC…”
Congratulations! We invite a select group of middle school and high school students from around the world to attend our programs each year.
Students are selected in one of the following ways:
- School Nomination: High school educators from across the United States and around the world nominate students based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, and leadership potential. If this is how you were selected, you will find the name of the person who nominated you in your invitation letter.
- Alumni Nomination: NSLC alumni may nominate their peers based upon the same criteria as listed above.
- Talent Identification Programs: Certain students are identified through national student talent identification programs, surveys, and the College Board Student Search Service. These students are recognized for their scholastic achievement and strong interest in the areas of study related to NSLC programs.
Steps to Enroll with an Invitation:
Students who receive an invitation with an NSLC ID must complete the online Enrollment Application (or mail a paper copy, available below) in order to enroll in their program of choice. The application process normally takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. You will have the option of submitting payment in full or a $350 ($500 for Acting Intensive, Business Intensive, and Engineering Intensive) tuition deposit with your application. If your application is accepted, your payment will be applied toward your tuition.
Note: NSLC students who receive an invitation are guaranteed admission to the session of their choice as long as spaces remain. When a session fills, students are placed on a wait-list for that session in the order of their enrollment and admitted only when we receive cancellations. If you are placed on a wait-list and not eventually accepted to a session, your payment will be refunded back to you.
Students without an Invitation
“I have not received an invitation but would like to attend…”
Interested students who have not received an invitation are encouraged to apply for admission using the steps below. We accept applications from students with academic merit, extracurricular accomplishment, and leadership potential.
Steps to Enroll without an Invitation:
- Begin the online Enrollment Application by creating an NSLC ID. Click the blue button below to get started.
- Complete the online Enrollment Application (or mail a paper copy, available below). The application process normally takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. You will have the option of submitting payment in full or a $350 ($500 for Acting Intensive, Business Intensive, and Engineering Intensive) tuition deposit. If your application is accepted, your payment will be applied toward your tuition.
- Email or mail a completed NSLC Grade Verification Form to our office. Your acceptance to the NSLC is contingent upon review of this form.
Applications are reviewed by the NSLC Admissions Committee on a rolling basis, so students are advised within two weeks of an admission decision.
Note: If your application is not accepted, or if you are placed on a wait-list and not eventually accepted to a session, your payment will be refunded back to you.