Sponsored by the National Student Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, nonpartisan, education organization, the NSLC provides students with the opportunity to experience life on a college campus; develop essential leadership skills; and explore a future career through exciting simulations, exclusive site visits and interactive meetings with renowned leaders in their chosen field.
NASSP-Approved The National Association of Secondary School Principals has placed this program on the NASSP Advisory List of Student Contests and Activities for 2015-2016. For more information, please visit the NASSP online.
The mission of the National Student Leadership Conference is to provide a safe and supportive environment which encourages students to explore their academic and career interests while developing leadership skills essential for their success.
In order to accomplish this mission, the NSLC will:
- Welcome and encourage students from across the nation and around the world to interact and network with other students with similar interests.
- Provide an innovative and challenging learning environment through hands-on simulations and workshops in conjunction with some of the nation’s premier colleges and universities.
- Advise and facilitate students’ transitions into collegiate life and build a foundation for their academic career with the assistance of our experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Present opportunities to examine future career paths through exclusive field trips and prominent guest speakers.
- Introduce students to the qualities and skills needed for effective leadership.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for all our students by relying on our more than 20 years of experience as a leading provider of career-focused, curriculum-based leadership conferences.
- Inspire students to continue on in their professional quests and personal growth through continued involvement with the NSLC as an alumnus, while providing opportunities to reach future generations by assuming a staff or teaching role in NSLC programs.
The National Student Leadership Conference relies on the contributions of its staff to make each conference experience successful.
The NSLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals who enjoy working with high school students and have experience in the academic fields of our programs, leadership development, residential life, and/or office administration.
For more information, including the online job application, please click here.