Sponsored by the National Student Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, nonpartisan, education organization, the NSLC provides students with the opportunity to experience life on a college campus; develop essential leadership skills; and explore a future career through exciting simulations, exclusive site visits and interactive meetings with renowned leaders in their chosen field.
NASSP-Approved The National Association of Secondary School Principals has placed this program on the NASSP Advisory List of Student Contests and Activities for 2017-2018. For more information, please visit the NASSP online.
The mission of the National Student Leadership Conference is to provide a safe and supportive environment which encourages students to explore their academic and career interests while developing leadership skills essential for their success.
In order to accomplish this mission, the NSLC will:
- Welcome and encourage students from across the nation and around the world to interact and network with other students with similar interests.
- Provide an innovative and challenging learning environment through hands-on simulations and workshops in conjunction with some of the nation’s premier colleges and universities.
- Advise and facilitate students’ transitions into collegiate life and build a foundation for their academic career with the assistance of our experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Present opportunities to examine future career paths through exclusive field trips and prominent guest speakers.
- Introduce students to the qualities and skills needed for effective leadership.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for all our students by relying on our more than 20 years of experience as a leading provider of career-focused, curriculum-based leadership conferences.
- Inspire students to continue on in their professional quests and personal growth through continued involvement with the NSLC as an alumnus, while providing opportunities to reach future generations by assuming a staff or teaching role in NSLC programs.
With 30 years of experience running summer programs for middle school and high school students, we have been able to finely tune our student supervision practices at the NSLC. Students are supervised by an NSLC staff member throughout their entire day as they move from activity to activity in our small group format. Our student-to-staff ration of 9-1 will ensure that your student is supervised and cared for during their entire stay with us. Staff members are comprised of middle school and high school teachers/counselors and assisted by college students pursuing careers in the respective field.
The NSLC provides a full-day packed with supervised activities in order to provide an amazing education experience. Students spend most of their time within their small group and are always checked in and counted every morning, after every meal, multiple times throughout the day, and at bed check each evening. The dorm facilities are secure and only accessible to residents and staff via assigned key card. A front security desk is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. NSLC staff members reside in the dorms on the same floors as the students, ensuring that a staff member is always nearby if needed.
The National Student Leadership Conference relies on the contributions of its staff to make each conference experience successful.
The NSLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals who enjoy working with middle school and high school students and have experience in the academic fields of our programs, leadership development, residential life, and/or office administration.
For more information, including the online job application, please click here.