To recognize the hard work, talent, and dedication of our alumni, the National Student Leadership Foundation has designated a portion of the NSLF scholarship fund for a merit-based alumni college tuition scholarship program.
The NSLF will award eight scholarships to outstanding National Student Leadership Conference alumni to attend one of our host universities. Each recipient will receive a $20,000 tuition scholarship to be distributed in $5,000 increments over four consecutive years.
Alumni College Scholarship Qualifications
This is a merit-based scholarship. Applications will be evaluated on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities, and submitted essays. Please note that this is a highly competitive scholarship.
To be eligible for the NSLC Alumni College Scholarship, applicants must:
- Attend the NSLC before their senior year of high school
- Apply for the scholarship during their senior year of high school
- Gain admission to and attend one of the following universities where NSLC hosts programs, beginning in Fall 2023:
- American University
- Duke University
- Georgetown University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Northwestern University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Miami
- Yale University
NSLF scholarships are university specific. Students may select to have their application considered for multiple institutions, however the scholarship award will be to a specific university and may not be transferred.
Important Note: The NSLF Alumni College Scholarship is not in any way associated with the institutions listed and will not influence or impact admission.
All application components must be submitted via the online application. No mailed, emailed, or faxed documents will be accepted.
The online application will require you to submit:
- Letter of Recommendation: Provide your educator’s email address and they will be sent submission instructions
- List of extracurricular activities
- 2 essay questions
- Essay 1: 10 Things About NSLC: Create a Top 10 List of things that made your NSLC experience unforgettable! With this prompt, get creative. Don’t simply put 10 things you enjoyed — get specific! You can choose memories, lessons learned, funny stories, people you met. Write about the 10 things that made your NSLC experience unforgettable!
(500 word maximum)
- Essay 2: What advice would you give an incoming NSLC student? Think about your experience and what you gained. What do you wish you had known before arriving on campus? Don’t be scared to have fun! The advice can be anything from recommendations on how to navigate making new friends to what you wish you would have packed! (500 word maximum)
- Digital copy of transcript
- Proof of acceptance to one of our current host universities (Application may be started and submitted without the official acceptance. The official acceptance is needed when awards are announced).
Information submitted to the NSLC is confidential and will not be disseminated outside of the NSLF scholarship review board.
| Application Open|| Mid-January, 2023|
| Application Deadline|| 11:59PM CST, March 31, 2023|
| Award Notification|| 8:00PM CST, April 17, 2023|
| Acceptance Deadline|| May 8, 2023|
Alumni College Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- Maintain at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Enroll as a full-time student at one of our eight host universities.
- Provide a photograph to be used in NSLC materials.
- Submit updates each semester as requested by NSLC.
Should the student fail to meet any of the recipient requirements, the scholarship may be revoked.